To make the most of your time with your physician, plan your questions in advance. The questions below can be helpful when talking to your physician about ankle pain.
- How did my ankle arthritis develop?
- How does an ankle replacement differ from an ankle fusion?
- How similar is an ankle replacement to a knee replacement?
- Will my ankle replacement help to alleviate the pain?
- How long will the surgery take and are there any other procedures that need to be performed?
- What can I expect the post-operative recovery to be like for an ankle replacement?
- Will I have to do Physical Therapy after my ankle replacement?
- What kind of activities can I return to after an ankle replacement?